Monday, April 03, 2006

Rain Rain go away...

The forecast tells me that I might set my alarm for 3AM and wake up only to find the game is in a rain delay or it has been postponed. Not exactly what I had in mind for the start of the summer sport. However I suppose its not unusual as the cricket season always seems to start in the rain and the football season seems to start in glorious 30 degrees conditions.

I see there was a rain delay last night and the boy I went down and got in the 8th round of a fantasy draft (Jim Thome) went deep to leave me sitting atop of that league, sadly that might not last but that is my first fantasy reference of the season.

If the Yankees do play tonight then they are expecting to lineup as following after Joe Torre spoke to the media yesterday:

Damon CF
Jeter SS
Sheffield RF
A-Rod 3B
Giambi 1B
Matsui LF
Posada C
Williams DH
Cano 2B

I have to say that surprises me as I had Sheffield and Giambi flip flopping. Torre says that the lineup will basically be the same day in, day out and in the same order.

So will we get to see these guys hit later on today? I sure hope so otherwise I'm going to be tired and grumpy at work tomorrow...

0 threw a strike:

Post a Comment

<< Home