Thursday, February 15, 2007

Oh the Rocket...

My favourite story is back for one final round, no not Rocky Balboa (although his final round was good) but the Rocket will yet again surely put on the cleats and pitch in the bigs this season.

Everyone has an opinion on the seven time Cy Young award winner and I was asked to put some thoughts together about the man for A British Baseball website so I did and you can read my meandering thoughts here.

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball opens tomorrow...my life is about to get swallowed up once again.

5 threw a strike:

At 9:55 pm, Blogger Pete J said...

Alas, as you know I am forced to boycott that site but I'm sure its nothing that I haven't heard from you before (I can't believe its that time of year again when we start arguing over this once more).

I'm sure you're convinced he'll be wearing pinstripes but here's a question for you, who is more likely to be a Yankee next year, Bernie Williams or Roger Clemens? That would be an amusing debate ;)

 
At 9:59 pm, Blogger Neil Monnery said...

Clemens in a slam dunk. Bernie may get the call half way through the season but I doubt it, they want the Rocket and he will pitch again, and I think it'll be in the Bronx.

 
At 11:44 pm, Blogger Pete J said...

You said exactly the same thing last year

 
At 11:48 pm, Blogger Neil Monnery said...

And?

This year it makes even more sense but we shall see in a couple of months or so.

 
At 4:07 am, Blogger Insignificant Wrangler said...

I feel I am one of few lifelong Red Sox fans who love Clemens. When the Red Sox released him, Clemens was in need of a swift kick in the rear--and he certainly responded.

He is, perhaps, the greatest pitcher in the history of the game--certainly the best of his generation. But I don't think he has quite enough left to consistently pitch in the AL. Stay in the NL, Roger, at least stay out of Yankee stadium!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home