Monday, March 20, 2006

Sox deal Arroyo, $ for Mo Pena

Just the other day I was talking to Neil H about whether or not Arroyo was trade bait and I come home today to news that he has been dealt. The 24 year-old who took a home town discount on his new contract signed in January was dealt along with cash considerations for Wily Mo Pena of the Cincinnati Reds.

Mo Pena, who crushes left handed pitching is expected to split time with Trot Nixon over in RF this season in a move that I would say significantly improves the Red Sox offense. I have been a fan of Mo Pena for a while and think he could be a good slugger despite his .251 average last season.

Arroyo is a player who Neil H will confess I thought was over rated, your average bottom of the rotation starter and I think the Sox have got the better player in this deal but it does fill holes for both franchises. With Arroyo and Womack on their roster next season I fully expect the Reds to go nowhere and fast!

0 threw a strike:

Post a Comment

<< Home