Saturday, May 20, 2006

Some Saturday snippets

  • I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and don't knock the goodness of the cause - but really? I guess in our never-ending battle we should expect Red Sox Nation to be renamed the Red Sox Galaxy some time soon!
  • The major difference between NESN and YES - NESN's ability to be critical of the Red Sox. One example of that today - NESN shows classic Red Sox games where the Sox lose (not sure that I understand the concept yet, but I am patient), on YES Today before the Mets game, they were showing highlights of the past week for the Yankees, you would never know that they lost a game, to the extent that highlights of the Big Unit's outing against the Sox were shown, including the home run off Beckett, and all three of RJ's strikeouts!
  • Is Willie Randolph taking managing tips from Grady Little? I don't really understand why he went to Wagner in the 9th, but once Wagner showed that he had no idea where the strike zone was don't you go and get him? And then when he really showed he had absolutely no clue where the zone was... did he suddenly expect him to re-find the zone, mid outing? Single, walk, single, out, walk, walk, HBP... then he went to get him - crazy way to blow a ballgame by a team that I still think will be 'found out' unless they trade for pitching.
  • Barry has #714, and the baseball world has another silent shudder. As Buck and McCarver stated on the return of the Fox national game of the day - has any milestone ever been met by such significant... nothing...? I appreciate it wasn't a record, but I struggle to believe that if we were convinced by his numbers, and he was generally a good guy, we mightn't have gotten a little bit more excited by the third man in baseball history to hit 714 home runs.
  • Spreaking of which - how is it possible that someone sitting 3,440 miles from the action gets the pictures before someone sitting 25 miles from Shea? I think I have whined about this before, but if Pedro and 50,000+ fans at Shea can get upset about the game being delayed to suit Fox, can't the TV watching fan base get a little upset by Fox delaying pictures here so that they get the commercials in?
  • I don't know what the outcome will be, the Sox haven't got any hitting going off Myers after 5, but I wish NESN would shut up about streaks when the Sox are in the middle of one - did anyone have any doubt that the Sox would lose the last game of that series to the Orioles when NESN labored, and labored the 13 game streak? Tonight, Orsillo seems to have told me 1,872 times that the Sox are unbeaten in games at Citizen's Bank Park... I really do know what the outcome will be tonight...

2 threw a strike:

At 12:58 pm, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

NESN shows "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly", while YES, which I prefer to call "NO", would NEVER show Games 4 through 7 of the ALCS of '04.

 
At 1:42 pm, Blogger s1c said...

As a Red Sox fan let me just say how much I appreciate the Mets upgrading their bullpen. Maybe next time they will actually learn how to protect a 4 run lead in the 9th inning. GRRRRRR!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home