Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Curt Schilling rising

Yes, the older, more mature, richer and the Neil with a good looking wife has shamed me into blogging. I could've been with a lady tonight but I couldn't be bothered with the hassle. So anyway you don't want to hear about my (lack of) social life do you?

So the title, Curt Schilling is rising in a big way in my estimations. The former co World Series MVP has been on the forums over at NYY Fans and I just want to say just how cool it was that a player takes time out to talk to fans. My colleague tells me he does it quite often over at SoSH, but still to go on a rival site and do it shows a lot of class in my book.

In brief some of the things he said, Clemens was the greatest starter of all time. Mo is the best closer of all time, Giambi is one of the nicest guys in the game, period. Vlad and Soriano cover the plate better than anyone. Jeter is going to the Hall. He was only willing to leave Arizona for the Red Sox or the Yankees. Working with runners in scoring position requires a lot more effort and concentration and finally he was in trouble with the wife for being on the laptop.

I have an arguably more interesting NYY based blog in my head, I shall see if I can transfer it from my brain to the keyboard within the next few minutes.

0 threw a strike:

Post a Comment

<< Home