Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Torre stays

Joe Torre will manage the New York Yankees in the 2007 season.

More later

Also in addition, this move means A-Rod is gone. Cubs, Angels, Dodgers?

2 threw a strike:

At 8:09 pm, Blogger Neil Hay said...

Just goes to show what I know ....

I genuinely believe that this is the wrong decsion for the Yankees, driven by the fear of the unknown.

Anyone want to guess how George reacts to the first bad week with a lame duck manager, whose entire squad knows that he won't be back in 2008?

If the choice was Piniella or Torre, the Yankees made the right choice - but why would the Yankees be limited to such a samll market?

I really doubt this means the end of A-Rod (see earlier disclaimer about what I know) - seriously, the Yankees 'fail' for the 6th year in a row and the guy carrying the can is your #8 hitter in the elimination game? SUrely even the Yankees aren't that disfunctional?

Neil H

 
At 8:45 pm, Blogger Neil Monnery said...

I think if Joe survives this then he survives the season, as I've just blogged, he's gone after the season unless he wins the World Series, and not just wins it, wins it in pretty impressive fashion.

I do believe that basically this was a A-Rod or Torre decision for the franchise and somewhat surprisingly, they've gone for the Boss. Maybe everyone just thinks A-Rod will never handle being under the spotlight of playing for the New York Yankees, I honestly think they'll go to him in the not too distant future and ask him what clubs he'd be willing to waive his NTC for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home