Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Game one lineup and rotation news

As I predicted over the weekend, the Yankees will go with Bubba Crosby in CF for the opener against Bartolo Colon and the Angels on Tuesday night. The lineup I put together was accurate except Joe has Cano hitting 6th ahead of Posada.

So we are:

Jeter SS
A-Rod 3B
Giambi 1B
Sheffield RF
Matsui LF
Cano 2B
Posada C
Williams DH
Crosby CF

I think most Yankee fans will agree would agree if I said that was our optimum starting 9.

The pitching rotation has also thrown up a surprise as Wang gets the nod in game two above Shawn Chacon, who'll go game four if necessary. I thought Aaron Small had done enough with his magic pixie dust to earn a start but I suspect he is ready to come in if either Moose or Wang struggles early, which must be a concern.

Most of the ESPN experts are going with the Angels, I think it'll be nice to be the underdogs for a change...

0 threw a strike:

Post a Comment

<< Home