Monday, October 03, 2005

The Yankee view

So we face off with LAA in the ALDS, could've been better, could've been worse. The facts are these though, if you take out Jaret Wright's starts down the stretch (big thing I know but lets be honest, he will not be starting a post season game) then the Yankees are 14 from 16. Bartolo Colon is a Cy Young contender but we (well A-Rod) stung him for 3 big flies and 10 RBI's, we seemed to see him ok.

Our rotation looks set up to be Mussina and Chacon on the road, with Randy and Aaron Small at the Stadium. Mike Mussina would pitch game give if needed back out in Anaheim. Aaron Small isn't confirmed yet but I think he'd get the nod over Wang but Joe could easily go the other way.

I like the match-ups to be honest and the way the Angels have beaten us is through speed and not big hitting. With this in mind I expect to see Bubba Crosby start in CF as they would run on Bernie all day, Bernie himself I think with DH.

So for me...

Jeter SS
A-Rod 3B
Giambi 1B
Sheffield RF
Matsui LF
Posada C
Cano 2B
Williams DH
Crosby CF

I will post more thoughts later on in the day as I have to leave in five minutes to catch my train but I have the Yanks in 4 and over in the battle of the Sox I have Contreras shutting down the Red Sox in game 5 and knocking them out.

0 threw a strike:

Post a Comment

<< Home