Tuesday, December 13, 2005

All new, new guys, same old, old guys

Well the suspense is over, and sadly I wasn't chosen as the new GM of the Red Sox - I thought my interview went well (I wouldn't have hired a manager who wouldn't have lifted Pedro, I wouldn't have offered Manny an eight year deal...), LL and I seemed to click (he wants a new SS for the Holidays), but something wasn't quite right apparently.

So today the Red Sox hired these two - and you know you are getting old when GM's, just like policemen, are getting younger and younger. I think that this is the safe pick - despite popular misgivings over the 'co-GM' tag. Both have insider knowledge of the team, the minor league system and what it takes to work with LL, while both have shown in the last few weeks that they aren't scared to pull (or at least help pull) the trigger on big transactions.

One other outcome from today's announcement - I think the return of Theo in some role is more and more likely.

1 threw a strike:

At 1:36 pm, Blogger Chick said...

I'd have kept Pedro & still want to keep the freak that is Manny...how do you feel about resigning Nomar for short?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home