Monday, May 29, 2006

A question from the Sox/Rays game last night

I saw the box score and heard that the Devil Rays had made a real fight of it in the 9th, scoring four and having the tying run cut down at the plate. However I have a kind of Aflac trivia question, for which I don't know the answer.

According to the box score, all four of the Rays runs were unearned but the Red Sox were charged with no errors in the game.

Can someone more intelligent than I please lead me towards how this could be?

2 threw a strike:

At 6:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mirabelli gave up a passed ball on a called third strike, which would have been the third out had he held it. While a passed ball is scored separately from an error, the effect is the same. All the runs scored after that passed ball, and were therfore all unearned

 
At 10:06 am, Blogger Neil Monnery said...

Ah, that makes sense, cheers for that. I knew there had to be a simple explanation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home