Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Boss speaks

"I spoke to Joe Torre today and I told him, 'You're back for the year. I expect a great deal from you and the entire team. I have high expectations and I want to see enthusiasm, a fighting spirit and a team that works together. The responsibility is yours, Joe, and all of the Yankees."

"Yes, I am deeply disappointed about our loss this year, we have to do better. And I deeply want a championship. It's about time."

Reading between the lines then basically Torre's only hope of getting another contract is by winning the World Series, and not just winning it, winning it in style. Considering he was clearly gone on Saturday night, the voices in the bosses ear must've been working overtime to calm him down.

My personal view is George wants him out and even though he had every opportunity, he's listened to his appointed successor and his General Manager, so one last question.

Where's the real George Steinbrenner?

2 threw a strike:

At 10:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely Joe Torre is an excellent baseball manager and other teams would gladly snatch him up to manage their team. George is just blowing steam and has to realize that he can't win every single year no matter what the payroll for that ball club is. Just goes to show, that some of the best ballplayers are human too!

 
At 10:43 pm, Blogger Neil Monnery said...

That is my PoV exactly, you can't win every year, yes I know we haven't won the big dance for a few years abd have had the highest payroll but sometimes things just don't pan out the way you want them to.

In my opinion the Yankees without Joe Torre last year do not even play October baseball.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home