Sunday, July 30, 2006

The moral of the story

Well today's blog could have been about my attendance at today's game between the Sox and the Angels... I could have been raving about witnessing my first Ortiz walk off hit... but business took me to Chicago...

But that was ok, I was going to use the opportunity to tick off Wrigley as #23... no new stadiums in 3 months then two in two weeks... that would have been ok... I could have written about Greg Maddux's 327th career win...

Except... American Airlines flight 1181 never took off on Thursday, although the airline only came to that conclusion at 11pm... 5 hours after the planned departure... and it never took off on Friday either, although this time American made that decision at 4pm... and the next available plane was at 5.25... pm today, which would have made making a 3pm start in Chicago difficult, to say the least...

But I did make 4 people happy, I hope... two people from Vermont went to Fenway as a wedding gift, two people from Chicago who were next to me at the airport went to Wrigley this afternoon - there was no point in no-one going...

So as I sat at home this afternoon, again enjoying the benefits of a Fox imposed blackout on the Sox game so that we could watch the Mets beat up on the NL East the way the Sox did when they were given the chance, the little, self-pitying, voice in my head repeated phrases about good deeds going unrewarded...

and then...

someone delivered!

Thank you!

0 threw a strike:

Post a Comment

<< Home