Sunday, April 10, 2005

A good sense of timing

Last night I got in from my trip to Fratton Park, still basking in the glow of a Pompey win at just gone 8PM BST. I turned on my laptop, clicked on mlb.tv and saw that the Yankees were 5-3 down and Tanyon Sturtze had replaced Randy Johnson, not what I expected at all!

However it was still to be the Yankees day as Matsui's proper bloop double tied the game and Ruben Sierra would blow it open by smashing a three-run shot off Steve Kline, a pitcher I was hoping would be in pinstripes. He would go on to imply that Sierra and Eric Brynes (of Oakland) were cheating and stealing the signs.

He thought that Sierra couldn't pull a low and away fastball on to the netting above Monument Park, thing is, he probably can't but Kline missed his target and the pitch was right down Sierra's broadway.

Mo pitched a good 9th to get his first save of the season to equal up his record to 1-1 with one save.

In other news, ex-Yankee Marcus Thames hit a Grand Slam on his return to the majors with the Tigers. David Wells got bombed in his second start for the Red Sox, giving up three dingers on the spin. Jason Giambi got his first Home Run of the season in Saturday's game and Tony Womack got a very important pinch-hit walk, that is something I never expected to type.

0 threw a strike:

Post a Comment

<< Home