Wednesday, November 09, 2005

3,448 Miles... does the Free Agents - Part II

So players one to five are off the charts, now we have five more players from the FA Tree. Tonight we see the best hitter, the guy with the most walks in the bigs, a real nothing player and a damn fine pitcher to go with one of the Molina brothers, they are all catchers don’t you know?

RSN says:

ok then, next up is Giles going to be a Yankee?


NYN says:

I wouldn't be against the idea of Giles as a Yankee, high OBP, takes his walks, hit very well away from Petco Park, nice fielder, nice swing, however I think the Yankees are going to pursue younger targets. Giles would be a good addition to a team on the cusp of being very good, how about at Wrigley or maybe even in LA as Bradley's replacement, I think he'll stay in the NL personally I do like Giles a lot and feel he'll be good, but will he be four-year contract good? That is the worry I'd have about him, next up is another one of those 'meh' players, Jacques Jones, it says a lot about this years FA class that this guy is ranked in the top 15 FA's


RSN says:

Yep, and he is staying with the Twins is my guess - despite all evidence to the contrary, my guess is that Twins management, looking for more offense, make the mistake of believing that Jones is one of the positives on that team's offense and keep him. If Jones is a 'meh' name, then next up is the name of the 2005 class... Paul Konerko. Any votes for anyone other than the 2005 World Champions?


NYN says:

You know I have banged on to you for a few weeks about how he'd fit in well in your lineup and with the possibility that Manny may finally be dealt and form a nasty hitting OF of Vlad, Garret and Manny in Orange County, I still believe he'd be a perfect fit as your next clean-up hitter, having said all that, he's staying in Chi Town. You get a damn good (and one of my pitchers in our keeper fantasy league) Kevin Millwood next


RSN says:

And for the first time tonight I think the Sox might be serious players. I just don't think the Indians can afford to keep him, as this will be the year that Millwood gets that big contract that his agent has been promising since he left Atlanta. I think any team that wants to upgrade the pitching staff has to be speaking to this guy - Sox, Orioles, Blue Jays... Mariners (I will throw the Mariners name in with every free agent, I have to get lucky with one, then look smug!)... left field choice, back to the NL with the Padres. Ok, the first of the Molina clan hits the market. Were will his mitt and chest guard call home next year?


NYN says:

When I checked our list and saw I'd get Bengie, I swore as I had no idea. Looking at the list though I notice that Piazza is of course on it and will be dealt with later but with him leaving the Mets, they need a premier catcher, and they have the money that Bengie would be looking for, 2+2=5? Or inspired thinking by my brain, you decide. As for Millwood, if he goes to Petco I'll be cheering, think of his ERA in that ballpark for me :D


FA

Neil M

Neil H

Giles

Cubs

Padres

Jones

Twins

Twins

Konerko

White Sox

White Sox

Millwood

Padres

Orioles

Molina

Mets

Angels


So there we go boys and boys, another five players debated and although I haven't picked anyone to join the Yanks yet, both Brian Giles (whose agent has been contacted by Cash) and Begine Molina are possibles. Tomorrow night I'll tell you all (as if you didn't know already) that BJ Ryan is going to the Yankees, Neil H will say he's not very good but he's just jealous, although he might actually get the better LHP to come in from the bp in the 9th...

0 threw a strike:

Post a Comment

<< Home